Sunday 31 July 2016

Connecting the Dashboard Wires

Morning. 

Yesterday I started connecting the dashboard wires, as per the 1941 WL wiring diagram - my WL only has a 5 point dash switch. I also have read what Palmer has to say about the connections. This is what it looks like. 


Firstly notice that the coil harness has been installed using the lower left hole (hole A in the diagram), the generator harness through the top left hole (hole C in the diagram), and the forward light harness through the top right hole (hole D). 



Notice that I have used friction tape to tape the end of each wire, so that the material covering the wire will not fray. 

And I have wound some of the wires together, as Palmer says that this was standard practice in the early days of the Harley-Davidson factory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment