Friday 25 September 2015

Front Fork was also Manufactured in 1941

Hi 

I have finished spray painting the front fork and was reading about the front forks in Bruce Palmer's book "How to Restore Your Harley-Davidson". 

On page 102 of the book, he has a table (see picture below) of the forging numbers of the spring fork bracket. From the table it is clear that forks manufactured in 1941 had either a 5, 6, or 7 on the forging. 

Table on Page 102 of Bruce Palmer's Book

I took a picture of the forging and the forging die number of my H-D WL is TC-20TF 6 (see picture below). Which means that the front fork was manufactured in the middle of 1941.  This corresponds to the time when the frame of my H-D WL was manufactured - see post "The Frame of my Harley-Davidson WL was Manufactured in 1941"!
  
 
Picture of my H-D WL Springer Fork



No comments:

Post a Comment