Wednesday 4 November 2015

Ordered Some New Old Stock Parts

Hi

My objective with the restoration is to get back to 100% original with the Harley-Davidson looking like the day that it came out of the factory.

I spoke to Doepie this week and he mentioned that the 3-brush 6V generator is 100% original, but that the regulator is an after-market regulator.  In trawling through eBay I came across a NOS 3-brush Delco-Remy 6V regulator.  It should arrive in South Africa in about 3 weeks time.





The headlight glass lense has been broken and I also came across a Cycle-Ray lense on eBay.










Lastly, the wiring on the bike has been replaced with new, plastic-coated wiring.  Uglyeee!  I came across a NOS coil to distributor wire on eBay.  And yes, it is only one wire, but this wire is very visible on the bike.  As for the rest, I'll use a replica cloth-covered wiring loom that looks identical to the factory original.




No comments:

Post a Comment