Saturday 26 November 2016

Snag List - Adjusting the Gear Shift

Hi

On the cards for today is to adjust the gear shift linkage properly.

Last week and Saturday I wanted to take the bike for a spin around the block. After I started the engine, and while the bike was up on the rear stand, I engaged 1st gear and released the foot clutch. Everything was going fine at this point.

I then disengaged the clutch and - after a couple of attempts - got 2nd gear selected. Again, everything was hunky dory.

I then tried to engage 3rd gear, but just couldn't find the gear.

The issue is that the gear shift linkage has to be adjusted properly. I just didn't have the time to resolve this issue last week. But I want to do that today.

And hopefully I will be able to drive the bike around the block for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment