Monday 15 June 2015

Change in course

Hi

About two weeks ago I saw an advert for a reverse gear kit for a 1941 Harley-Davidson WL on-line.  I contacted the seller (his name is Deon) to enquire about the kit and found out that he has been restoring war-time Harley-Davidson's for nearly 20 years!

When I went to pick up the reverse gear kit, I had a long chat with Deon.  He gave me some really good advise on a number of issues.  As a result, I have decided to rather restore my Harley-Davidson WL to the military version of the motor cycle used by the South African Union Defence Force during their campaign against Field Marshal Rommel in North Africa.


The best example that I could find of such a bike is the one on the blog site of milwaukeebelle.

Photo from Milwaukeebelle web site - do not copy

My motorcycle looks a lot like this one (except mine is in civilian clothing at the moment).


It does mean that I have to strip away a lot of chrome and do a lot of painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment