Saturday 8 October 2016

Prepping, Painting and Fitting the Front Fender

Hi

I've previously done some work on the front fender (did a metal repair, panel beating, a bit of body putty repairs, removed rust, etc.) which meant that I had to take the front fender brace off. To prevent the fender from rusting, I have spray-painted the fender with a grey primer. 


This morning I sanded the fender a bit to smooth out the surface. I have also replaced the four rivets that attach the fender brace to the fender (obviously after fitting the fender brace to the fender).


 

I have also painted the fender.

 

I am busy fitting the front mudguard flap and the front fender retaining clip. 



I have also fitted the front number plate. 


Voila! I'll fit the fender tomorrow morning - the paint is still a bit soft (I'm using an epoxy paint that takes around 4 hours to harden properly).

The metal work is not perfect - as it would come out of the factory - because I wanted to keep some of the character of the motorcycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment