Wednesday 12 August 2015

Parkerizing Solution has Arrived

Hi. 

Last night when I got home, a package with the pickling acid (to clean the raw metal from rust, oil,  sweat, etc.) and the parkerizing solution was waiting for me. 

This means that I can now forge ahead and sandblast all of the parts that have to be parkerized and then I can parkerize the cleaned parts. 

I am thinking that I will do this in drips and drabs, rather than all at once. The reason being that I don't want the cleaned / sandblasted parts to sit on a shelf for some time, as they will rust. 

Practically this means that I will sandblast motorcycle parts on a Saturday morning and then parkerize those parts either in the afternoon or the next day. 

But I also want to work on specific areas of the motorcycle. For example the rear brake. Once I have completed both the painting and the parkerizing of all of the parts of the rear brake assembly, I would then like to assemble the parts and shelve the assembly for final fitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment