Sunday 31 July 2016

Home Stretch!

Hi. 

I have completed most of the wiring this weekend. I only have to pull the two rear brake light wires through the channel in the rear fender and connect the wires, as well as, the horn harness. But before I can do the horn harness, I have to finish painting the front fender.

I only have a small amount of painting to do: the spokes for the front wheel, the front fender, the front rim, the front brake handle and the two handlebar switch covers. O. I forgot about the steering control.

Once that is finished, I can fit the painted parts and finish off the wiring. I also have to respoke the front wheel and fit the two tyres.

Hence the title of this post - I am in the home stretch! I really hope that I can have this all completed by the end of August. We can then start the Harley end of August or early in September. I intend to capture the first start on video and will post the video online.

It has been a very interesting year - actually more than a year - and I have enjoyed the restoration work tremendously!

At the moment I am busy looking for the next project to do. I'm considering doing a 1946 flathead (a 74 cubic inch motor) custom bike.  Something like this :


No comments:

Post a Comment