Saturday 27 August 2016

Dispatch Rider Patch in Wall Hanging

Morning

Today I went to fetch the patch and the vintage tyre levers.

I want to use the patch and some of the other memorabilia to put together a man cave wall hanging - similar to the one that I have done for my 95th Commemorative Edition Sportster.


In this wall hanging I have fitted the following items:
  • Top left is a 95th Commemorative Edition patch. 
  • Below that is a 95th Commemorative Edition pin. 
  • Bottom left is a post card of the 95th Commemorative Edition Sportster. 
  • Bottom right is a Maistro model of the 95th Commemorative Edition Sportster. 


In a similar wall hanging of the WW2 SAUDF Harley-Davidson WL, I would like to put together the following:
  • A short history of the H-D's during WW2 service in the SAUDF, with some WW2 photos of the H-D's in East Africa, Madagascar and North Africa. I'll include the Dispatch Rider's patch, the early WW2 SATC badge and some of the other memorabilia in this collage. 
  • A summary of the restoration process with a before photo, some photos that I took during the restoration process and an after photo. I also want to use some of the packaging of the NOS parts that I have used in the restoration process. 
  • I have managed to get a Maistro model of a 1942 WLA (see post “1942 Harley-Davidson WLA Memorabilia”. I will include this in the collage as well. 

What do you guy's think of such a man cave wall hanging? Anything that you would suggest that I include in the wall hanging? 

No comments:

Post a Comment