Saturday 6 August 2016

Prepping for Paint

Evening. 

I'm bushed. Been working on the vintage Harley all day:

1. I cleaned all of the loose chrome off the steering damper with the Dremel and a small grinding stone. Then sandblasted all of the parts of the steering damper. This will be painted black. 

2. I also took apart both the horn switch and the headlight dim / bright switch. I lightly sandblasted the copper parts of the switches, to ensure that they make good contact. I also sandblasted the outer covers - this will be painted black. 

3. I soldered the horn wire to the horn switch. Tomorrow I will solder the headlight switch wires to the switch. 

4. The front rim has been prepped for painting - the matt desert khaki colour. 

5. I also prepped the rear wheel to have the tyre fitted. 

6. And I have fitted the seat.

It has been a very busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment