Monday 8 August 2016

Revised To-Do List

Hi

The To-Do list is getting shorter and shorter - from an earlier post titled "Outstanding Work":
•    Complete the spray-painting of the front fender and fit it;
•    Complete the dash board rebuild;
•    Complete the re-wiring of the motor-cycle;
•    Assemble the rear rim and put a tyre on;
•    Complete the front rim and spokes and assemble the rim and put on a tyre;
•    Refurbish the handlebars and fit them, with the control cables;
•    The heads still have to be torqued;
•    The seat must be covered and fitted
•    Fit the fuel and the oil tanks and connect the various hoses;
•    Fill the battery with battery acid.
•    There is a small adjustment that I have to make to the exhaust to ensure that it fits properly;
•    And I have to fit the horn.

If I want to take the Harley WL to Doepie for a final check on the 27th August 2016, I have to finish the above in the next couple of weeks.

We have a public holiday tomorrow and I would like to do the following:
•    Mount the front brake assembly and fit the front brake cable;
•    Run an earth wire from the dash board to the front light, as the WL has a 3-wire front light unit that requires an earth;
•   Connect the rear light;
•   Clean up the wiring;
•   If I have the time, I would like to finish off the front fender;
•   Spraypaint the front spokes, the front rim and possibly the front fender.

I can then have the front wheel re-spoked during the rest of the week.

Which means that I can have the tyres fitted this coming Saturday (the 13th August).

That leaves the rest of the To-Do list to do on the 20th August.

Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment