Wednesday 17 August 2016

The 1941 WL Horn Mount

Hi. 

Last night I had a good look at the horn mounting to try and figure out how the lot all fit together. The best exploded view that I could lay my hands on for the early models (prior to 1941) are provided below.

Exploded Views of the Horn Mounting

This is not the 1941 WL Horn Mount, but it is very close. This exploded view was in the 45 Restoration Company catalogue.


I have test fitted the horn mounting and it looks pretty much like the photos that Palmer have in his book. Here is a photo of the the horn with the horn mountings fitted. 



I'm going to fit the top mounting and connect all of the wires to the horn terminal. I will have to install the front fender before I can complete the horn installation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment