Sunday 14 August 2016

Started Fitting the Horn

Afternoon 

I have also started fitting the horn. Just a reminder:
  • The Harley was fitted with a 6V car horn when I bought her. I wanted to replace the car horn with an original Delco-Remy horn and the correct Harley winged face plate.
  • A while ago I managed to buy a Harley horn with the winged face plate a while ago. It went very cheaply, but I was after the winged face plate - not the horn body as it was not Delco-Remy.
  • After watching eBay for more than a year, I managed to buy a used Delco-Remy 16 6V horn (without the face place) - see "Finally, a Delco - Remy 16, 6 Volt Horn".

Between these two purchases I can assemble an original Delco-Remy 16 6V horn, with an original Harley winged face plate.

The first step to fit the the horn was to fit the horn bracket and thread the horn wires through the bracket. Here is a photo. 



The 1941 WL horn mount uses 9 bolts and it is kind of complex, as it includes a terminal plate to which the horn wires are mounted to.  I'll post photo's of every step along the way, starting with what Palmer has to say about the 1941 WL horn mount.  

The 1941 WL Horn Mount Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment