Wednesday 28 September 2016

My Last To-Do List


Hi.

I'm nearly, nearly finished with the restoration of the Harley-Davidson WL.  Over the next 3 weekends I have to :
  • Make a small adjustment to the exhaust pipe to ensure a proper fit of the rear cylinder exhaust port - completed;
  • This will require that I touch up the spray painting of the exhaust - completed;
  • Fit the exhaust - completed;
  • Fit the two handlebar pinch bolts - another one bites the dust;
  • Fit the 3rd headlight mounting bolt and nut - and another one gone;
  • Connect the gear selector - completed;
  • Finish the stencilling of the tyre pressures on the rear fender;
  • Fill the battery with battery acid;
  • Check that all of the electrics work properly - 90% complete - I did find an issue with the dashboard light, but have fixed it;
  • I might have to do a couple of small adjustments to ensure that all the lights, etc are working properly - done;
  • Fit the fuel pipe - done;
  • Do the final adjustments to the clutch - done;
  • Fit the horn;
  • Start the motorcycle and do the final adjustments to the ignition timing and the carburettor;
  • Finish and fit the front fender - nearly completed
Exhaust system fitted 
Tank gear selector connected 
Fuel line fitted 

2 comments:

  1. It looks as if we would be able to start the motor this coming Saturday! I'll take a video of the proceedings and post it on YouTube and link the video to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just spoke to Doepie and he is ill. It looks like I will have to postpone the starting to next weekend.
    But I will be able to finish the front fender and install it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete