Sunday 11 September 2016

Rear Wheel Fitted

Good afternoon.

It was a busy weekend.

Yesterday I drove out to Doepie for some help to fix the speedo drive ring gear on the rear wheel - the gear was cracked straight through.

We have managed to fix the gear and he then heated the gear and dropped it on to the brake drum. As the gear was hot, it just slipped into place. To make sure that the gear doesn't slip, he clinked it at three points.

On the way back home, I stopped at a motorcycle fitment centre and had the rear tyre fitted. I also bought a good quality, sealed chain for the Harley. 

Back home, I started with the fitment of the rear wheel. I finished up this morning and then installed the chain.
With the chain fitted, I could adjust the chain tension and then adjusted the two rear wheel adjusters to properly align the wheel.

This allowed me to do the final adjustment to the rear drum brake. 

It is really looking great! Here is a photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment